Tuesday, October 13, 2009

No more excuses.

I just signed up again for Weight Watchers. Last September I signed up for the first time and for the first time in my life was successful at weight loss. When I followed it properly, it worked great. But eventually, as I always do, I got lazy. I thought, I could go one day eating what I want. One day turned into two, turned into three, next thing I know, I fell off the wagon and gave it up completely.

This week I realized that I am back in my old clothes again. The old clothes that were a little big. It feels awful. I feel like I let myself down bigtime this time.

Last September, my goal was to be healthier by the time I turned 30. I am sure that any progress I had is now gone and I have to start all over.

So starting today, I need to take this seriously. I need to be accountable for my own actions. I need to kick my own butt. If there's anyone out there reading this, I need your help. Encourage me to do what's best for me. Help me realize when I screw up.

My last excuse for not joining WW again was that my at work sessions didn't start again. They couldn't get the quota of people so it wasn't happening. Then today my latest excuse was when we found out that Chris's truck needs about $1000 in repairs. When I heard that number, in my head, I thought I could not justify spending the money for WW, and the additional money I spend buying special foods when I am on program.

I told Chris today I wasn't going to sign up, and he asked if it had to do with the truck repairs. When I said yes, he told me he couldn't believe that I would sacrifice my health for that. He has a point. I want to be healthy. I want to feel good again.

I hope that this is the change I need to make things better. I hope that feeling better makes everything else in my life right now fall into place.

1 comment:

  1. I did try weight watchers and they did not work for me. In order for me to get my "points" for the day I was eating over 2000 calories. I actually gained 5 pounds in 1 week. Now I am not paying for a diet program. I cut out white flour and eat carbs sparingly, veggies a lot, and lean protein. a site that might help you is www.fatsecret.com it is a food journal, that also has challenges that you can join. I love it and there is an app that can go on your phone depending on which one you have. You can do it just keep it up. Remember that you can have that cheat meal once a week. and I use a 3 bite rule for deserts that I really want. only have 3 bites of it but I take a sip of drink in between bites. let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete